There are many positives to having a smart security camera, you can feel confident knowing that you and your property are protected should anything bad happen.
However, as great as they are, many smart security cameras use a cloud-based recording system, which results in a lot of privacy issues.
Ring is one of the most prominent security camera companies out there that uses a cloud-based system. Up until very recently, they did not provide the option to stop the cameras from recording, which left many people unsatisfied.
But luckily, Ring has upped their software game and has now included the option to turn off camera recording. In this article, we will discuss just how you can do that. So, if this is of interest to you, then read on for more!
How To Turn Off Ring Camera Recording
You can now stop camera recording in every mode that comes with Ring smart security cameras: Home, Away, and Disarmed.
Additionally, there is the option to set two further options on every camera device for these three modes, which gives even more control over when certain settings come into effect, too.
Modes Settings Per Camera
Motion detection decides whether or not a smart security camera will detect motion and then begin recording. When this is turned off, the camera will no longer be able to detect motion and will not take snapshots for “Timeline View.”
Even though motion detection has been turned off, you will still be able to access live view. If this is still something you do not want, then it can also be turned off.
When both of these settings are turned off, your Ring smart security camera will not be able to record anything at all.
Step-By-Step Method For Turning Off Your Ring Camera Recording
If you want to switch off your Ring camera recording, then all you need to do is follow these steps!
- First, you will need to install and open the Ring app. Make sure you log in and can access everything on the app.
- Next, find the three-line icon at the top of the screen. This allows you to see the full menu.
- Now, you need to click “Settings.”
- Then, you need to click “Modes.”
Important Note: If the modes feature has not been enabled, then you will need to enable it here by clicking “enable modes.” Now, you will be able to customize your settings should you wish to.
- Once you have completed the step above, you need to find the mode you want to be changed.
- Then, find the camera you want to switch off in the list.
- Next, you should be able to see a toggle next to the “Live View” and “Motion Detection” options. Click the toggle to switch them off.
- Now, all you need to do is hit “save” which you can find at the top of the screen.
And there you have it! You should have now turned off recording for your Ring smart security camera.
So, if you have allowed other people, such as members of your household, access to your security camera system, then you may be wondering if they could access the settings that switch the modes back on, and allow the camera to record once again.
Well, yes, they will be able to do that. However, you can stop this by switching off the “Shared User Access” toggle switch. You will be able to find this on the Mode Settings page, directly at the bottom.
When this is turned off, nobody else but you, the primary user, will be able to access the settings to switch the recording on and off on your Ring smart security camera.
Previously, you were unable to switch the recording off on Ring smart security cameras. This led to a lot of controversies because this causes some privacy concerns.
However, now the settings have been changed so you are now able to turn the recording off and on as you please. You can do so with ease by following the steps above.
- How To Install A Nest Doorbell - June 20, 2022
- Home Security Cameras: Which Models Don’t Need Wifi To Work - June 20, 2022
- Does Blink Require A Subscription? - June 20, 2022