While Xfinity remotes are of excellent quality most of the time for most people, you may notice occasions where the buttons stop responding to your requests.
Sometimes, you may notice that you cannot seem to pair the TV and the remote, or you simply cannot get the remote to respond to anything.
If this is happening to you, we understand that you may think you need to purchase a new one!
However, before you do so, you should read this article. There may be a way to get your remote up and running again like new and save you time and money.
In this article, we will discuss the ways you can reset your Xfinity remote and get it working like new again. So if this is something you would be interested in, then read on for more!
Steps To Take Before You Reset Your Xfinity Remote
There are certain things you can do before performing a reset on your Xfinity remote. Let’s check them out!
The first thing you need to do before you even think about resetting your Xfinity remote is to ensure that the batteries are in working order.
You should also check for any signs of physical damage to the remote, as these issues will prevent the remote from responding to commands.
If the batteries are in working order, then you should see flashing LED lights on the Xfinity remote when you press the buttons.
If you don’t see these lights, try changing the batteries and see if that helps.
You should also check to see that the remote buttons do not need to be cleaned. Sometimes, if in need of a clean, the remote buttons will become stuck which may cause them to stop working.
Buttons on the Xfinity remotes can become stuck for numerous reasons. Namely, dust, spillages, or other random debris.
The best way to clean the Xfinity remote is to remove the batteries and put them in a safe place.
Then, you need to shake the remote, tap it lightly against your hand, and squish all the buttons rapidly. This should clean the remote enough to get the buttons in working order again.
Additionally, you should check to see that nothing is blocking the remote from accessing the electronic device.
Big objects standing in the way can disrupt the signal, which is an often-overlooked reason as to why your Xfinity remote will not work.
Finally, the issue could lie with the cable box, rather than the Xfinity remote.
To check this, you should reset the cable box by pressing the reset button and holding it for around five seconds.
Alternatively, if you find the voice control on your remote is working, then you can simply ask the TV box to restart, and it will begin that process.
Factory resetting the remote will not work if the issue lies with one of these factors, so it is important to rule them out before you move on.
How Can I Factory Reset The Xfinity Remote?
If the above steps have not worked, then it is time to try a factory reset. It is actually pretty easy to do for the Xfinity remote.
There are several Xfinity remotes, and each of them has slightly different ways of successfully performing the factory reset.
So, the first thing you need to do in this process is finding out what model of Xfinity remote you have.
Once you have worked this out, then read our step-by-step method on how to reset your Xfinity remote and fix your issue within seconds!
XR11, XR5, XR2 Xfinity Remotes
These three remotes have an almost identical factory reset process, so you can follow the steps below for each of them, and expect success!
- So, the first thing you should do is find the button called “Setup.” The location of the button on your remote will change depending on the remote you have, but it should be relatively easy to find.
- Now, when you find the setup button, the next thing you need to do is hold it down while keeping your eye on the remote’s LED button. This is located on the front of the remote. Keep holding the button down until the light changes from red to green.
- Now, keeping your eye on the LED light, you need to type in 9-8-1 into the remote. If the factory reset is successful, then the LED light will flash green twice.
- So, now that the factory reset has been completed successfully, you now need to make sure your remote is paired to your chosen electronic device. When you first bought the remote you will have had to do this, so just follow those steps again for a successful pairing and your remote should be in working order.
XR15 Xfinity Remote
The newest model of this remote does not include a setup button, so it requires different steps to successfully perform a factory reset. Let’s check them out below!
- The first thing you need to do here is to find the “A” and “D” buttons. These “A” will usually be indicated by a triangle, while the “D” is indicated by a diamond.
- Once you have located these buttons, you next need to press and hold them simultaneously while keeping an eye on the LED light. Stay like this for around three seconds. If the factory reset is successful, you should see the light change, going from red to green. When you see this light change, let go of the buttons.
- Now, you will need to type in the 9-8-1 code. The light should change from green to blue. If this happens, then you know the factory reset has been confirmed.
- Now, the last thing you should do is pair your remote to the necessary electronic devices to get it in working order again. You should find instructions for this in the packaging your remote or electronic device came in.
And there you have it! You have successfully performed a factory reset of your Xfinity remote and got it to work again without spending a dime!
What Should I Do If My Xfinity Remote Still Won’t Work?
If your Xfinity remote still will not work even after you have attempted a factory reset, then you may need to invest in a new one.
Of course, you can check to see if the official Xfinity support page has any more information, and follow the guidance there.
However, a factory reset is considered to be the final resort for fixing your remote, so if that does not work, then there’s nothing else you can do to get it in working condition again.
But hey, at least you tried, right?
I Cannot Find The Setup Button On My Xfinity Remote, What Should I Do?
Do not worry if you cannot find the setup button on your Xfinity remote. The setup button’s location changes between Xfinity remote models, so rest assured that it is definitely there.
The button will say “Setup” and it will be located somewhere on your remote, so keep an eye out for it!
However, if you have an XR15 voice control remote, then the button that says “setup” will not be present.
On this model of Xfinity remote, the setup button has been replaced by an “A” button and a “D” button.
These buttons function in the same way the original setup button does for the other Xfinity remotes.
Sometimes, you may find your Xfinity remote has stopped working and you are unsure why.
The best thing you can do in this situation is to rule out simple factors like the need to change batteries or make sure nothing is obstructing the signal.
If the remote fails to work after this, then you can perform a factory reset by following the steps above!
- How To Install A Nest Doorbell - June 20, 2022
- Home Security Cameras: Which Models Don’t Need Wifi To Work - June 20, 2022
- Does Blink Require A Subscription? - June 20, 2022