Are you looking to reset your Nest doorbell but are not quite sure where to start because it is slightly more techy than a usual doorbell?
They are some of the best products on the market right now in terms of doorbells because they are multifunctional with the added benefit of protection.
They include a camera and audio connected to a device inside of your home which is put in place to help protect you from anything unwanted outside.
Are you looking to either restart your device or reset or even look at resetting the router which could be your problem.
All of the information you will need about resetting your device in either different steps or layed out information is in this guide.
Make sure you sift through to find exactly what you are looking for.
There are different reasons for why you would want to reset your device but do you know how to?
These are a few easy steps that you can follow to make sure you do not damage your device or carry out the task incorrectly.
How To Reset It
Here are a few steps that you can take to help you reset your device:
- You will need to use the equipment included in the pack which should be a spoon shaped object which has a loop at the top. This will allow you to remove the device from the wall. You can also use anything in your home that is flat to do this but you will need to do this carefully because you could end up damaging the doorbell.
- You will then need to find the reset pin which should be located below the USB area.
- You will need to press this button for between 5-10 seconds and the status light should turn white if restarting. However, if you are resetting the device you will need to hold the button in slightly longer for 12 seconds and you should hear a beep when done.
What About The App?
Everything about these doorbells are slightly more techy than most and that is why you will also need to reset the information on your app.
This means you will have to remove the device from your Nest App and re-add it. Turn off the breaker switch.
- Remove the doorbell to scan the QR Code or get the PIN.
- Check your chime for wire layout.
- Follow app instructions.
- Put the Wi-Fi password back in.
By removing the device from the Nest app it just makes everything so much easier.
You are starting from scratch again when you are resetting your device and all of the information that came before.
With this particular technology you need to make sure that everything has been reset because there are several features that are part of the app that also need to be reset and not just the device itself.
- Log into your Nest app, go to Home Screen
- Pick Hello Doorbell and go to Settings.
- Find Remove And choose it.
- You will receive a confirmation email where all of the information will be about the removal.
Why Do You Need To Reset The System?
You may need to reset your Nest doorbell if you are having bad problems with connection and the whole system working together.
By resetting the system you are making it like the product you first bought again with no prior information.
All data will be reset and erased when you factory reset your device, so you will need to set it all up again from the beginning if you are looking to do this.
What Do You Also Need To Check?
It is also very important to check that it is not your own wifi system that is the issue with poor connection.
You will be able to tell by using your other devices and checking whether they are working ok on the internet in comparison to the Nest doorbell.
It is also really important to check the power in your router. Sometimes it might just need a system reboot where you simply just turn it off and wait for a short period of time and turn it back on.
You may also want to unplug and cords attached to the router. This type of reboots can take from 1-5 minutes.
You may want to also reboot your doorbell if your network connection is running ok.
Nest Doorbell (battery)
- You need to find the reset pinhole on the back of the doorbell.
- Needle or even a paperclip will open it.
- 5 seconds for holding the button.
- Your doorbell will restart, and the status light will be steady, solid white.
Nest Doorbell (wired)
- Unplug the power adapter from the electrical outlet.
- 10 seconds waiting time.
- Plug the power adapter back into an outlet.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Did My Nest Doorbell Stop Working?
If your Nest Hello does not light up, it may not be receiving enough power.
If there is no issue with the power, you might have to replace the Nest Hello transformer or reset the doorbell using a hard reset.
To put it shortly, using an indoor power adapter will solve this issue with the Nest Hello in most cases.
Overall, these types of technical doorbells can seem really difficult to work because you have to use an app and connect it all together.
However, the problems are quite easy to fix with regular ways you probably already use when it comes to your router and other devices in your home.
Depending on whether you want to restart or reset is different though.
By resetting the device you are erasing all of the previous information that was on the device but restarting will only reboot.
If you are looking to sell the device, it would be the best idea to reset the device so that the new person who receives it will have a product that is like new with none of your information.