There comes a point where you might want to carry out certain tasks around the home by yourself instead of calling someone else to come and do it for you.
Therefore, it is always important to have guides like these that you can follow to make sure you are doing it properly so you do not damage any of the equipment or your doorbell if you want to keep it.
The ring doorbell is a great device that gives you extra protection on your house with the extra camera or audio that can be installed.
So, how difficult is it to change a ring doorbell and how long does it take? These are all questions that will be answered down below in this guide.
If you follow this you should not have any problems when trying to remove your door bell.
Why Remove It?
Ring doorbells are powered by batteries which can last anywhere between 6 to 12 months. Therefore, you will need to know how to remove it to even be able to recharge the device.
However, you may also find something more fitting to the property that you reside in and want to change it.
Removing With A Screwdriver
This method can be pretty difficult and can cause you multiplier problems – especially when the product comes with screws.
Here is the first method of removing the product if it comes with screws.
- You will need to unscrew all of the screws first using the screwdriving that comes with the product.
- Unmounting the product can cause a few difficulties as you will need some force to unmount it but you do not want to damage anything and especially the bracket.
- Depending on what you mounted it on, if you chose a wooden surface you will be able to unscrew and remove but it will leave holes in the wall.
- If it was mounted on brick you definitely would have used plastic anchors which can be a pain to try and get out. You will need to unscrew the screws first and then you will need to use the screwdriver again to force the anchors out of the space.
Therefore, in one way it is great to use a ring doorbell which has to be screwed into the wall or surface because of security factors and will prevent people from being able to steal it.
However, it can be slightly annoying trying to remove it but in some ways it outweighs the risk.
Removing Ring Doorbell With No Tools
This particular method is specifically for individuals who chose to use a different installation process which includes not using screws.
This is where you have chosen permanent mounting tape. You have essentially glued your doorbell to the wall which will definitely be difficult to remove but there are still ways of overcoming this.
- You will need to take a proper look at how the device was mounted and try and figure out the best way to safely remove it.
- This way will be difficult because when you have pulled it off the wall you need to make sure you don’t grab it and pull because you could damage the casting.
- You will need to use a lever with a dull edge to slowly remove it from the wall, weakening the tape bit by bit.
- It will be really important that you are careful in this process to make sure that you don’t damage the doorbell and should try and avoid this at all costs.
The good thing about this process is that you don’t have to worry about losing any screws and you only have one thing to think about in the process.
How To Remove A Ring Doorbell Faceplate
Even Though you may only be looking at how you can remove the doorbell, you may also want to know how you can also remove the cover as well.
This is because one day you might want to fix the doorbell or swap for a different color.
Step by step instructions:
- You need to unscrew the safety screws surrounding the faceplate’s bottom.
- Once you have done this you will need to push the bottom cover until it becomes loose. You will want to place both thumbs at the bottom and push until the faceplate is snapped free.
- If you are struggling to snap the faceplate with just your thumbs then you might want to try and use something flat to push it up underneath.
- You do not want to ruin the cover. Therefore, be careful if you are using a sharp or hard object to snap the faceplate.
- Once you have removed the cover, you will be able to see everything inside of the doorbell. However, you can NOT let the faceplate fall at any time.
Overall, there is much more to think about when it comes to removing a ring doorbell than you probably first thought.
There is choosing which way to even apply it without even thinking of how to remove it.
You will also need to choose the easiest option for you because if you are not very good at fiddly jobs like removing screws then the tape option might be better for you.
Furthermore, you need to follow the steps and make sure you are being careful with equipment because if you damage the cover then that is a big problem and something else to replace.
You also need to be careful to avoid making any damage to your walls and your device.
When you remove the device, if you are using screws then it can leave holes in wooden parts or if you are using brick it can also be fiddly with the anchors as well.
All things to think about when removing your ring doorbell.