Doorbells in modern society are changing all of the time. They are being enhanced with different features which improve security and video/audio which can come in handy when it comes to parcel deliveries.
But what about a Nest doorbell?
Most people would have to read a guide like this to be able to carry out this task properly because it’s a new product than the regular doorbell and has extra steps to get it working.
Therefore, if you are wanting to install a Nest doorbell, read this guide and follow the steps and information down below.
Is This A Doorbell You Can Install Yourself?
A Nest doorbell is definitely something you can install yourself, but you need to follow a guide to make sure the features are all working properly.
For example, this device can put your mind at peace when at home because it can record the footage from your front door and has audio and video content.
You also need to take into account whether the Nest doorbell has compatible voltage to the previous doorbell.
If it is not compatible with the 16-24 V AC then you will need to have an electrician update your system of wiring to make it compatible with the Nest system.
Do You Need To Already Have A Doorbell Installed?
Due to there being two options for the Nest doorbell, you can choose between having either a battery operated system or a wired system.
Therefore, if you don’t already have a doorbell then the battery operated option is perfect for you and will avoid new wiring.
However, from time to time you will need to recharge your battery or you could replace it.
Wiring the doorbell has been considered to be quite simple but if you have no experience in anything to do with wires before, this guide should be a help.
The main thing you need to remember to do first is to switch off all of the power.
Step By Step Guide
- You will need to download the Nest good app to your phone which will connect to the doorbell and allow you access to the software through your phone or device. You will also need to set up a Gmail account if you do not already have one.
- Then, you will need to add this product to be connected to the system, just like bluetooth.
- You can then scan the QR code on your Nest device to carry out the pairing between the two.
- If the scanning is not working straight away you can always enter the registration manually which should do the trick.
- You need to make sure at this point that there is no electricity running through these wires else it could lead to an electrocution.
- You will then need to find your chime box and look inside at the wiring and will need to find the matching wiring shown on the app. The app will give extra instructions.
- You need to now mount the plate after following the instructions for wires on the Nest app. This includes using a screwdriver to take out the old doorbell and disconnect the wires.
- Your wall cover will then need to cover the hole to allow the wires to feed through and make sure it is the correct way up! Then you need to know where to drill.
- You can put pencil marks where you need to drill. Then you will need to put two holes in the exterior wall where it can be screwed into place!
- Now it’s time to attach the Nest doorbell. You will need to attach the wires to the screw and it doesn’t matter which one to which. After this it should be nearly finished and there will be further instructions on the Nest app for what to do with setting up digitally.
Battery Powered Nest Doorbells
This type of Nest doorbell is compatible with any home which is ideal for people who do not want to deal with any wires and feel more comfortable using batteries.
There are also different features of the products that you can venture into such as the outdoors monitoring package or the full-monitoring package depending on which would be best for you.
Products like these are now made to make people feel safe in their own homes.
Therefore, if you want more security for children you may opt for the full package which covers all areas for you and you can monitor on different devices.
This particular brand has expanded massively in the past few years due to the increase of technology in the homes to now also include ‘Audio anywhere’ and around the house packages as well to create a wide range of bundles for you to choose from which may also include your Nest doorbell.
Overall, with technology now there are no limits to how we protect our homes and also monitor who is near our home or coming in and out.
Security is also very important when it comes to your deliveries because the technology can record if you are out and you will know where your package has gone if it is left there while you’re out.
The Nest doorbell has become very popular because of how easy it is and because it is multi-functional.
You can get a doorbell and security for your home in one now instead of buying security cameras all separate.
It is ideal having bundles where you are able to just buy them all together and also get discounts from Google when they are bought together.
Hopefully this guide has given you a good insight about how to install a Nest doorbell and just remember if you are going to change your doorbell yourself, to always make sure any power is turned off when changing the wiring system if you are not using batteries.