So, you have just got a new WiFi system, and you’re excited to set it up and begin using it! The trouble is, you have to set everything up to it – and that’s going to take a lot of time.
Setting up your Wyze camera to the new WiFi can seem complicated at first, but rest assured it can be simple and hassle-free!
If you want to learn an easy way to connect your Wyze camera to a new WiFi system, then read this article!
We will discuss everything you should know about connecting your Wyze camera to your new WiFi, and more!
What You Will Need Before You Start
You will need to have the required power supply to be able to connect the Wyze camera to your new WiFi system. This could be a USB port or an outlet.
On top of that, you will also need the necessary app from either Google Play or the App Store, and a decent connection to the internet.
Of course, all of these should be easy to obtain. If you have the Wyze camera, then chances are you already have the Wyze app.
Finally, you will need to make sure that this app is up to date, installing the necessary firmware upgrades are implemented.
How To Connect The Wyze Camera To New WiFi
The easiest way to approach connecting the Wyze camera to a new WiFi system is to act as though you are trying to install a brand new Wyze camera.
By this, we mean do not delete any existing settings or try to modify your Wyze camera, even though you are still going to be using it.
Follow this step-by-step method to connect your Wyze camera to the WiFi network.
- First, you will need to open the Wyze app on your smartphone and log in.
- Then, you need to connect the Wyze camera and the USB port / electrical outlet. You will need to wait for around thirty seconds, or until the light turns yellow.
- Now, you need to press down the setup button. You should find this at the back of the Wyze camera. Do this until you see a message confirming the camera is ready to be connected.
- Next, you need to go to the app and hit the “…” icon. You will find this at the top of the screen.
- The next thing you need to do is click the option to “Add a product” and type in the name of your device.
- After you have completed this step, you will see a setup window. You need to follow the method on the screen.
- Click a 2.4GHz WiFi network and type in your password.
- Now, you need to connect to the new Wi-Fi network. To do this, type in your password.
- Now, you will need to scan the app’s QR code with your Wyze camera. It is important to listen out for the voice command as the QR code is scanned. Once you’ve heard it, You will be asked if you heard it. Confirm this.
- When you choose your device from this list, you will need to label it. Go to your device settings and click on the current name to change it.
Congratulations! You have now connected the Wyze camera to your new Wi-Fi network. You should go through these steps again if you have more than one Wyze camera to set up to the WiFi.
How Can I Change The WiFi For My Wyze Camera?
If you have a camera connected to the WiFi, then you need to find it in your settings. The camera’s settings will come up on the screen.
Next, you need to click the WiFi network and you will be able to type in the name of the new WiFi network you need.
You will need to follow the steps that appear on the screen, but this should be a relatively simple procedure.
How Can I Reconnect To My Wyze Camera?
If you have lost connection to your Wyze camera, then there is an easy way to reconnect it.
The best thing to do is follow this method:
- First, you need to go into your smartphone app.
- Then, you need to go into your settings and click the option to “add a product.”
- Now, you need to click the Wyze camera you need to reconnect. Once you have done this, you can follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once this has been completed, you can connect your 2.5GHz WiFi network to your smartphone.
- Finally, all you need to do is scan the necessary QR code, which you can find on the display screen.
And there you have it! Your Wyze camera should now be reconnected to your WiFi network.
Connecting your existing Wyze camera to your brand new WiFi network can seem like a chore, but if you follow the above steps, it could not be easier!
Just make sure you have all the necessary equipment, such as the right power supply, access to a smartphone, and a good internet connection.
Once you have these, the next part should be a breeze!
We hope this article tells you everything you need to know about connecting your Wyze camera to your new WiFi network!
- How To Install A Nest Doorbell - June 20, 2022
- Home Security Cameras: Which Models Don’t Need Wifi To Work - June 20, 2022
- Does Blink Require A Subscription? - June 20, 2022