Skip intro? Jump to Top 5 Video Baby Monitor Review now!
Babies are a true blessing in every family. They bring joy and a new purpose in life. However, they are very fragile and can easily hurt themselves. For this reason, mothers spend most of their time together with the little one and pay a very careful attention to all the movements. Still, there are certain activities that must be done, like preparing the bottles and cleaning the clothes. It is inevitable to avoid leaving the child alone. Fortunately, technology has evolved and things got easier for all moms. The best video baby monitor allows you to keep a closer eye on the baby even when you are not physically near him/her.
The best video baby monitor is a device that allows you to permanently see what the baby is doing. In the first year of life, they spend most of the time sleeping. When they get older, they also take a long nap in the afternoon and after playing. This gives you plenty of time to carry out other household activities, like preparing healthy food or keeping the environment clean for them to play. Fortunately, now you can use it more relaxed, as you can be in permanent touch with the little one. These devices are extremely helpful and most importantly safe to use and do not cause any type of discomfort.
Advantages for Using the Best Video Baby Monitor
Video baby monitors come with many advantages. It is extremely helpful to be in permanent contact with your child when you are not physically close to him. Moreover, you will do the pending activities more relaxed, even when the baby room is located upstairs. Other benefits of these types of products are:
- You can prevent any hazardous situation. Video baby monitors will provide an accurate image of your baby breathing and even monitor the temperature room. Sometimes babies wake up and do not cry immediately, especially when their attention is caught by different objects. Seeing them will allow you to prevent unwanted injuries and carry on with your activities at the same time.
- You can hear and also talk with the little one. This is extremely helpful, especially when babies wake up during their sleep. You will be able to comfort them, so they can carry on dreaming without necessarily going to the room.
- You can be close to your baby even when you are not at home. There are certain video baby monitors that can transmit on long distance. It is a great choice for working moms as they can be virtually close to their child, thus feeling more relaxed about the well-being of the baby.
Video Baby Monitors Features
Video baby monitors are designed based on an advanced technique. The features vary from model to model. They also depend on the price. In order to help you understand better the usability of such products, here are the main characteristics:
- Black and white or color screen. The color screen provides a more accurate image while the black and white are less expensive. Screens are designed to be portable in order to allow you to carry them with ease around the house.
- The camera can pan, zoom and tilt. This makes the device useful for a long period and especially when the baby gets older and starts to move and grab things.
- You can even monitor your child during the night. These devices include an infra-red light that does not disturb the baby while sleeping. It is the best way to teach your child sleep by himself/herself.
- You can record and play music. It is a great option for children who tend to wake up during sleep as this relaxes them. If you are a working mother, you can record your own voice in order to sooth the baby.
- There are models that are compatible with smartphones.
Top 5 Baby Monitor Review for 2015
Foscam FBM3501 Digital Video Baby Monitor is very easy to use. It includes a series of useful features: pan/tilt/zoom, high-quality video and audio, wireless communication, night vision with infra-red lights, temperature monitor and portable monitor.
The monitor works with lithium-ion batteries and can be used both indoors and outdoors. You will be able to see clear images of your child for a distance of 985 feet. Moreover, it includes a feeding timer, allowing you to schedule regular meals. You will also know when the baby is too hot or too cold without entering the room thanks to the temperature indicator.
This design is expandable. This means that you can catch up to four cameras on a single LCD monitor, making it a perfect choice for larger families.
2. Infant Optics DXR-5 2.4
Infant Optics DXR-5 2.4 GHz Digital Video Baby Monitor is the second option in top five baby monitor reviews. It has a lightweight body frame, making it easy to carry around the house. It includes a series of useful features: sound and video clarity, infrared night vision, eliminates white noise, and it is easy to set up.
This device has 150-foot door indoor range and 800 foot outdoor signal. You will also be able to use it during night time as the infrared light can capture images on a distance up to 15 feet, without using any additional light that can wake up the baby. The portable monitor works with lithium-ion battery. This means that it can be carried around the house with or without the adapter.
This design is expandable. This means that you can catch up to four cameras on a single LCD monitor. All you need to do is set up each on a certain channel and easily change from one to another.
3. Motorola MBP36
Motorola MBP36 Remote Wireless Video Baby Monitor is based on a sound clarity technology. It is also very secure as it includes data encryption for a better security. It includes a series of useful features: you can clearly hear and see the baby, infrared night vision, wireless connectivity, two-way communication, pan tilt and zoom, five lullabies included, room temperature monitor.
This video baby monitor is built on the most advanced technology. It can be used on a range of 200 meters and includes an alarm that indicates that you are out of the covered area. Moreover, it includes a series of optional accessories.
You can use this device to communicate with the baby when crying as the sound is very clear. You will also be able to see him/her permanently and monitor the room temperature thanks to the color display.
4. Infant Optics DXR-8
Infant Optics DXR-8 Pan/Tilt/Zoom 3.5″ Video Baby Monitor works with interchangeable lens technology. This means that you can choose from one of the three separate lens types, according to your needs and child’s age: normal, wide angle and zoom. It includes a series of useful features: LCD color display, remote camera pan/tilt, infrared night vision, talk-back function and room temperature sensor.
This great device provides a total vision of your baby’s room. It works with powerful batteries that last 10 hours in power-saving mode and six hours when the screen is constantly on. You will be able to hear your baby and also talk to him/her. The sound is very clear and presents no delays.
This design is expandable. This means that you can catch up more cameras on the LCD monitor. This will set up automatically cycles through all camera at a few seconds, allowing you to monitor more rooms at the time.
5. Summer Best View Digital Color Video Monitor
Summer Best View Digital Color Video Monitor is based on a digital technology that assures privacy and security. It includes a series of useful features: pan, scan and zoom camera, LCD video screen and LED lights.
The LCD screen is color and has a dimension of 2.5”. During the night, it transmits in black and white. This video baby monitor also includes LED lights that get activated by sound.
It is an expandable option. You can add up to four cameras with video and audio auto-scan between the rooms.
Purchasing the best video baby monitor requires time and patient. You must carefully analyze the features and benefits of each product in order to make sure that you make the right purchase. Another thing that you must consider is the price. It must not overcome your budget, and most important it must provide quality.
As it can be seen, each comes with certain features that match a series of needs. If you have more than one children or plan to have more in the future, then you must look for a design that supports more cameras. At the same time, you must be careful to the covered surface and make sure that you pick one that you will be able to use in all the rooms of your house.
Tips for Choosing the Best Video Baby Monitor
There are certain things you need to consider when shopping for a video baby monitor. There are many designs with interesting features included, so make sure that you analyze the following aspects:
- Frequency. There are three frequency options available on the market: 900 MHz, 2.4 GHz, and 5.8 GHZ. The best option is the 900 MHZ because it reduces interferences and provides better quality.
- Image. The purpose of the video baby monitor is to actually be able to see your child. When it comes to video clarity, you must not make any rebate. The quality of the image must be a priority, either if it is color or black and white.
- Sound. Hearing your baby clearly is also extremely important. It is impossible to look at the display all the time so you must be able to clearly hear your baby when crying, sneezing or babble. If you have some extra bucks, you can choose a design that allows you to speak with your child. It is extremely helpful when the baby wakes up from his/her or her sleep as you can calm him/her down without having to go in the room. Make sure that the voice is not altered as this can scare the baby.
- Night vision. A good baby monitor is the one that provides a clear image of the baby both during day and night. Most designs work with infrared technology that provides images even when the room is dark. There are also monitors that include sound activated lights.
- Read reviews. If you have decided over the features of a certain product remember to read the baby monitor review. It is the clearest way to see what people have to say about it and if it does all that it claims to do. If the majorities are negative, the best thing to do is to look for a different product that includes all the elements presented above.
- Extra features. According to your budget, you can choose a design that includes one or more of the following features. The pan/tilt/zoom option will allow you to use this device even when the child gets older as it provides a better perspective of the room. The lullabies and music feature will calm the baby and provide a good sleep. Moreover, it is a great way to keep him/her entertained when he/she wakes up or goes to sleep. If you plan to have more than a single child than you must choose a monitor that allows multiple cameras to ensure a better protection in all rooms.
As it can be seen, choosing the best video baby monitor is not such an easy task. There are certain aspects you must consider in order to make sure that you get what you need. These types of devices are extremely useful as they provide constant surveillance. There are many unwanted hazards that can occur even while the baby sleeps, so having the opportunity to monitor him/her is truly helpful. Moreover, you can accustom the baby to sleep in his/her room right from the beginning.